11/24/08

Spinning like a DISC!

The DISC test we did in class was pretty accurate. It gave me an S with a high of C and I think I fit most of the characteristics of that. I like to get along well with others – that is probably my biggest strength. I like steadiness, I am a good listener, patient and very loyal, which all fall under the S category. I also like accuracy and am analytical in making decisions. I have little interest in becoming a Dominator, however, I would like to become more of an Influencer. I think it is possible for people to change because it is not based just on personality but is based also on how people carry themselves. For example, someone can become more confident or more sociable for a variety of different reasons which can bring about such change.

I think these kind of personality tests are always helpful in better understanding a person. It better displays a person’s strengths and weakness and is most definitely helpful with job placement as well all social interactions.

1 comment:

Jess L. said...

hey josh. i think the test was pretty accurate with your result. also, I think that you do display some Influencer characteristics. in the group work we've done so far, i can re-call several times that you have persuaded us as a whole with your input.